Meet Dr. John Kitzmiller, III
Dr. John Kitzmiller III graduated from UNC School of Dentistry in 1988. He is a Diplomate of the Federal Services Board of General Dentistry, and a member of the American Dental Association, the Academy of General Dentistry and the North Carolina Dental Society.
The son of a retired Naval Dental Officer, Dr. Kitzmiller received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Wake Forest University and graduated from UNC School of Dentistry. In 1988, as a commissioned officer in the United States Army, he graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry and attended a one year residency at Fort Benning, Georgia. His assignments include Kaiserslautern, Germany, Fort Sam Houston, Fort Hood, and Fort Bragg. He was also deployed to Zimbabwe, Africa and Bosnia-Herzegovina. Upon graduating from the Advanced Education in General Dentistry, 2 Year Program at Fort Hood, Dr. Kitzmiller earned the distinction of becoming a board certified dentist in Comprehensive Dentistry by the Federal Services Board. Following training at the Triangle Dental Institute, Dr. Kitzmiller now offers single tooth implants.
His military awards include the Expert Field Medical Badge, Army Achievement Medal, Army Commendation Medal and Meritorious Service Medal. Dr. Kitzmiller transitioned to civilian dentistry in 2000 with a successful 2 year associateship with Dr. David Dickerhoff and the staff of Spring Lake Dental Group in Spring Lake, North Carolina.
Dr Kitzmiller was traveling through Apex and stumbled upon their Apex Peak Festival and fell in love with the town. He opened a Comprehensive General Dentistry practice in the spring of 2002 and has served his patients for over 12 years. He is happily married to his wife, Becky and has 2 children. His passion for dentistry has grown over the years and he wants to provide the best care for his patients with the best technology.
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- North Carolina Dental Society
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists - Fellow
- Bachelor of Arts, Wake Forest University, 1984
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, University of North Carolina, 1988
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry, 1-Year, US Army, 1989
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry, 2-Year, US Army, 1996
- Diplomate of the Federal Services Board of General Dentistry, 1998
- Triangle Dental Institute, Dental Implant Continuum, Durham, NC, March - November 2013